Quote

Dancing the fine line between, "It happens when it's meant to" and "Did that REALLY just happen NOW?!"



Monday, May 30, 2011

Enjoyed it thinking of you.

Holy Blog Batman! What a weekend! We enjoyed it together thinking of you, in honor of all those who are missing someone special. For those departed and those deployed...we did NOT take this weekend for granted. You were in our hearts. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Let me tell you, now that the weather is warming things are getting fun. There are people everywhere and the atmosphere just seems to be more friendly with all the sunshine everyone is soaking up.

The little guys are in t-ball and baseball, friends are working their yards and gardens. Camping, swimming, picnicking all seem to lace everyone's blogs. It's great to see. We had our first amusement park adventure as a family unit! And had the awesome company of friends of ours "the Bees". I refer to them as such because they are a crew and always on the go go go. We just can't keep up. If the Energizer bunny had a family then they'd be the Energizers. One wonders (me mostly) how you can relax and really take in all the experience when there is so much "fly by the seat of your pants" and going from point A to B to C to home in like 48 hours... And with 2 kids no less!! Crrrrazy!


The amusement park called "Movie Park" is about a 4 hour drive from our home. We left earrrly Saturday morning (pulling out at 6:15am) to head out there. Played and romped hardcore until about 7pm (Roller coasters, little trains, kid rides, cotton candy, corny shows, walking and more walking, river rides and a bippity boppity barf type ride. It was AWESOME!!!) Alayna even got to ride her first bigtime kiddo roller coaster that's a mini of the big thrillers! She was such a champ! Daddy doesn't do Roller Coasters so us girls got to have all the fun :)

Disclaimer: I am in NO way stating that my husband is afraid of rides in any way, shape or form... He just...doesn't get any enjoyment from them at all...? :D


Awesome! It didn't show the last leg of the ride (It goes 3 times!)

Drove 30 minutes to our hotel, check in took more than 20 minutes b/c of our utter chaos and the guys being down in the parking garage where there is no cell service to be had. Who knew you needed a Passport # to stay in a hotel room? Hello? We are already IN your country! ha!
After we got our rooms and freshened up, three breaths later we were all silently contemplating just trying to order a pizza from, well, anywhere and not leaving the rooms! But we sucked it up and met in the lobby to walk to dinner. The restaurant at the hotel wanted a kidney donation for a dinner (per person). The kids were beat, we were beat and didn't even realize that most of us burned slightly and to different degrees. All of us but OREO. Damn Milatos. heehee.

We ate at an Italian joint just around the corner, ate half "out of it" wrestling kiddos that had had enough for the day. The big day hit us all at once! The 5 year old fell asleep on OREOS lap before the food arrived and he woke long enough to eat then pass out again. He even slept through DESSERT!! YEAH! I wouldn't have believed it either. The food was pretty darn delish!!

I thought Alayna would crash out as soon as her head hit the pillow back at the hotel room. I stuffed her full of spaghetti, cleaned her up, jammied her and rocked her a little. She was SO tired and running on fumes but man, her fumes are lethal. She did not give it up, I almost had to get mean just to get her to sit still enough for a minute to realize that she wanted to sleep. After almost an hour it went from flailing, laughing and squeals to hard breathing and baby snores.

I slept like a ROCK until...about quarter to 5 when I woke up with a volcano in my chest. (it is true what they say about what goes around) I was making jokes at OREO during dinner about carrying Tums in her day bag, "baha you are such an old lady! Tums? really? LOL" Well guess who was eating crow to try and extinguish the fire before sunrise?? yeah...that's right. I was seriously going to text her and ask her if she could slip some under the door. But I know I'd be hard tempted to strangle someone for wakin' me at 5 or even worse, waking my kids! So...I just drank a whole gullet of water and propped myself up a little bit. It worked okay, I don't remember falling back asleep but at about 9:30 I woke again to find my hubby MIA and my girly still racked out! It was nice to lay there in the dim lit room and just think for a few minutes.

My knight in shining armor returned swiftly with breakfast and a kiss. I gently started to wake Alayna since it was well after 10am. She ate a ton here and there while wreaking havoc in the hotel room, giggling, ruffling curtains, opening drawers, picking up the phone and calling whoever struck her little mind. All in all she drove me bonkers but I gave it permission to exist since no rooms bordered ours and it was just about 10:45. I had to get myself in gear and get us ready to head out.

The ride home was nice and uneventful. We snacked on some German junk food and chatted it up while Alayna watched a movie. Upon pulling into the driveway she was falling sleep, sweet! Perfect Timing! I smooched her up one side and down the other and laid her bed. Then I went into my room to "read" and...crashed out!

Today we ventured back to Aquella and surprise Alayna with some pool time. Took our bikes along for some lunch and riding around downtown Ansbach. It was a gorgeous day!! The little girly and I shared a yummy Banana Split Sundae and fed some pigeons a wafer cookie. Wanna keep a toddler busy? Give her a cracker and a bird ;)

We ended the afternoon with a 30 Euro parking ticket. Yippee! I got a 5 Euro perking ticket last Wednesday for being 15 minutes late getting back to the car in Bad Windsheim.

I sure wish every day could be Memorial Day. There are so many that need to be remembered for their sacrifice and heroic actions. So many families with a hole that need our love and support. And so many men and women out there right now putting their lives in harms way to preserve the precious rights and freedoms we sometimes take for granted that NEED our prayers. And of course the ones that DID come home and survived the unimaginable that now harbor dark dreams and depression, those that have life altering injuries. They need to be thought of as well. Don't they need our appreciation? To let them know we can't have ANYTHING we have without them? That they have shown us great love, not even knowing who were are? For those who have served in the past, now in the present and who will serve in the future...I love you, I appreciate EVERY thing you do and I thank God for creating that fire in you that calls you to protect and defend. Thank you. Bless you and your loved ones. May God guide your path, angels guard it and lead you home, safe, healthy and happy.
You are America, America is you. Hallelujah, Thank you Jesus for the Red, White and Blue!!! :)



Afterthoughts:

I need some feedback on the expansion and development of my blog! I'm trying to get into a routine but finding the process a tad rocky. Since cooking is a passion of mine, I was thinking of putting up a Recipe or link to a recipe with every post. One I plan to try or one that's tried and true to share with all of you! What do you think?

What's up Blogger? Why can't I post my pictures?? grf, I'll deal with you later. I'm going to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment